Monday, July 17, 2006

New Old Friends

Nota prévia: Perdoem-me mas este post vai ser escrito em inglês, para que a minha amiga J.H. o possa ler.

It's funny how you can find so many affinities with someone on a short period. And it's one of those thinks that makes that friend really so special to you.

I met my friend J.H. on a single night in Cologne and felt immediatelly we had many many things to talk about. I can't even recall how the conversation started, but all I know is in a short while it seemed like we had known each other for a long time. What is truly amazing is when you realize we come from two such different realities.

We've been talking since - Thank You internet - and I still always feel like we've known each other for a long, long time. And we always still have so much to talk about.

How do I explain that? I'm sure every one has experienced something like that and however I think about it all I find is... there is no rational explanation. It's just there, period!

I have a few portuguese friends like that, some of them with whom I can communicate with a glance. I have no doubt that if it were not for the distance she would be one of those. At least in my heart she is beside them. And as I already wrote on a previous post, even when these friends are far they're still always there.

ps: Yes J., talking to you really lightens up my day (but don't start druling on the keyboard, please)

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger DIV de divertida said...

E é tão bom , não é?!
Deixa o coração quentinho...

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Maríita said...

Poder olhar para outra pessoa e nem ter que explicar nada...é tão bom!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Gafas said...

A few words for Old Friends, New and Elder.

"They love me like I was a brother
They protect me, listen to me
They dug me my very own garden
Gave me sunshine, made me happy"

Radiohead - Nice Dream

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...tears came through to my eyes as soon as I stopped reading the poem....I'm thrilled, shocked, flattered...I can't stop thinking of it. Yet, had I print the poem off so I can have the copy of it with me all the time. It remains me the moment when I met Pedrito (Schmeichel)...all these endless chats on the Internet...that special connection...yeah, it touched my heart...a lot...a sign of tears is still there...obrigada muito muito. Janita aka Jana (Banana - Bananita)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home